Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Thursday

Blogging just doesn't feel the same without my own personal computer. There's nowhere to store and organise my truckloads of pictures for one thing and the school's desktops from the Stone Age isn't helping.

Luckily for me, I didn't delete last week's pictures from my camera yet so I've still got something... even though it's not a lot.


Anyways I think it was last Thursday when we had a pep rally in school where they celebrated three teams winning the MAAC Conference together. For the first time since never, three sports teams at my school won MAACs at the same time. It's pretty crazy. This year we've got men's basketball, men's soccer and the women's indoor track & field taking it home at the same time.

On top of that, a swimmer at our school actually qualified for the NCAAs which is a conference held at the national level. This is the first time anybody from the MAAC conference, let alone our school even got to that level.

Pretty awesome!

The pep rally was kind of lame. Not a lot of people showed up and the speeches were contrived and sounded completely insincere for the most part. Except for maybe the men's basketball coach, everyone else sounded like they were programmed robots.

It just felt weird to be celebrated for something I didn't earn. The girls' track team won only because of people who scored points and since I didn't score any points, I felt out of place. But oh wells. I should really learn to appreciate the moment right? Right!

This past Saturday morning, Aaron did me a huge favour and changed my car stereo to new one.

If you didn't know, my old car stereo was an original factory model from Honda which started acting crazy about four months ago. By January 2011, it wouldn't play CDs at all and kept making a really loud annoying ticking sound every few minutes.

You can imagine how frustrated I was sitting in traffic, trying to listen to the crackling radio through the "TZZ TZZ TZZZZ TZZ TZZ TZZZZ" sound.

The new stereo is super awesome because I can finally plug my MP3 player in. Yay!


In all, this week has just been a really long week. I don't know what it is. I eat the same food everyday because I don't feel like cooking anything else. But I do feel like eating other things like laksa, Hainanese chicken rice...

Instead I'm having rice, Japanese fish soup & stir fried baby bok choy with mushrooms.

The weather was so beautiful today, it actually felt a little bit like summer! Temperatures rose to about 16 Celsius and we all wore shorts and T-shirts to track practice in the park. I even got a little tan; you could see the tan lines on my legs...

Dear God, when will this week be over?

This is what I get when I ask God to teach me discipline! Haha!

No, but really... Even though this is a tough week, I'm learning some serious time management skills here. God really has a time for everything. Guess this is just a season of work. It just seems especially tough when your season of work is occurring during other people's season of fun you know? Everyone else seems to be getting to enjoy their spring break while I'm....

Ok I should really stop complaining!

Besides, right now it's time for me to log off, take my paper home to pore over and make brownies for supper.

TATA!

No comments: