Thursday, March 31, 2011

Patience

Patience is a virtue......... that I don't always have.

Little things like when I'm talking to someone and they pretend not to hear/understand what I say and they keep saying "what? Huh?"- that drives me nuts! Even when people truly don't hear/understand what I'm saying and I keep having to explain myself, that drives me up the wall too!

And even though I've got unlimited texts now, I really hate texting because it's just plain annoying. So it really riles my feathers when people just ask a million obvious questions back instead of just answering YES or NO.

It makes me so irritated that I wanna throw my phone into the trash can!

Unlimited texting in my case, has not been a boon. It's a big fat bane.

There are a whole bunch of other things that's making me feel like throwing things into the trash can but I'm holding myself from acting rashly.

Even though I haven't outwardly lost my patience, inside I am scowling like a rat. I almost feel as if my bones are shrivelling up.

Why am I so easily irritated by these useless things? I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm tired. But that doesn't change or excuse the fact that I've got a spirit of impatience somewhere deep in my heart.

Help me Father in heaven, to overcome this impatient feeling. Help me to bear with others in love and to be peace-loving in all that I think, say or do. Help me to look at others through your perspective and not mine. I give my burdens of impatience, anger, worry and irritability to You; and instead pick up Your burden, which is light and easy to bear. Holy Spirit give me the strength to act in Your love at all times. Lord, remind me that I am imperfect and annoying and a sinner myself. Turn my eyes back into focus on You and away from the thoughts of this world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


No comments: