Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Lappie!

WHAT A NICE WEEKEND!

I can hardly believe it but my parents decided to get me an early graduation gift today.... A new computer!

I'm actually using it right now as I type and I must say, it's really nice to have my own computer again! After a week of labouring on the school's super duper slow processing systems, this feels like a welcome breeze of cool air.

And guess what kind of computer it is?

Surprise surprise... I can't believe I actually agreed to get one...

A 15 inch Macbook Pro!

*gasp*

If you don't know what the hoo-hah is about, it's a really big deal for me because I've always been against Apple's products. I never, never, never ever wanted a Mac or anything related to Apple because I never did like it nor did I want to like it.

After my laptop died last Monday, my parents asked whether I wanted a Mac and of course I immediately replied "NO". But I gave it a lot more thought over the days and wondered if I was being prejudiced against Apple for no apparent reason other than its snobby brand image. And besides, I'm too familiar and comfortable with Microsoft to want to change my habits now.

But here I am, typing on a Macbook Pro; and actually liking it.

So weird.

But I told myself that it's JUST a computer and I shouldn't be so stubborn about stupid things like that. Please, I should be thankful to even have anything to type on right now.

And well... I'll admit it. Macs aren't all that bad. And because the processors are moving so nice and quickly, I don't miss my old laptop that much.

On another note, Saturday night brought another milestone in my life.

It was the first time in a long time that my mom and I could open up our hearts and just talk about our feelings without reserve. I haven't felt so much like her daughter in such a long time. The most amazing thing was my mom actually sharing some of her spiritual story with me about how God has led her in life. I was really touched that God is answering all these prayers to draw my mom closer to Him. He's definitely listening and being faithful to His word!

After our four hour long conversation, it felt as if something deep within our relationship had changed again... for the better. I went to bed feeling really happy and grateful inside for everything.

Here's me with a renewed spirit, ready to tackle this upcoming week of school!

Oh yeah.

Thesis update: I'm about one/tenth of the way through and the deadline is NEXT MONDAY!

AHHHH!!!!

Okay but I'm not worried. I'm going to do my best and let God do the rest. Last night my mom said something that really helped. She said that she's always believed that God will show me a path and give me a better life than what she's had to go through. And when she said that, I sincerely believed that it is God's purpose to fulfill my mother's blessings for her children.

I am not afraid!

In Him, I will find strength. He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.

Last week of March, LET'S GOOOO!!!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats in turning into a appie :P

Unknown said...

Welcome to the appie club;p

Mindy said...

I'm not an apple yet ok!