Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Hmm where to start?


Ah Yee is visiting us in the U.S. this week, so there's been a lot of activity going on in the family department. On top of that, my school work has been steadily piling up and I find myself exhausted by the end of each day.


I decided not to post any pictures this time because there are simply too many and I only have about 15 minutes for blogging right now.


But there's something absolutely wonderful that I must share.


This past weekend, I received the devastating news that the track meet this Saturday would be moved to Sunday. Why is this news devastating? For the simple reason that I had bought tickets to go watch the Phillies play baseball on Sunday. Those tickets were bought way back in May and I got them since the cross country schedule showed that we had a meet on Saturday, not Sunday.


Can you imagine the horror I felt as the news sunk into my ears?


I was so looking forward to the baseball game since it was going to be my first live Phillies experience (and I'm a huge Phillies Phan- more about this next time...).


Anyway, I told myself not to be too upset about it but deep inside, I still wasn't very happy with the way things had turned out.


Today, God showed me how awesome His timing and schedule is.


A random situation cropped up today- a friend needed someone to talk to since he was going through some horrible experience that I had gone through myself. In his misery, he found himself looking to God for answers and asked me how I had gotten through the pain.


I told him that my wounds were healed by God and God alone. I said I had tried everything but God was the only one who really healed me.


He then asked me which church I'd recommend him to go to.


WELL.


Since my track meet is this Sunday, that means I won't be back in Pennsylvania and I'll be in New Jersey instead. And that means I'll be going to the evening service at the church that I used to attend when I lived up here.


So I asked if he wanted to come along with me and HE SAID YES!!!


La la la la laaaaa I was soooo thrilled and happy for this opportunity to share God with someone else that I just had to hold my excitement down and not jump about.


If the track meet hadn't been moved to Sunday, I would've gone to the baseball game and been in church in Pennsylvania instead. I wouldn't have had the chance to bring my friend to church...


God works in mysterious but awesome and powerful ways.
This has not only been great for my friend, but through this incident, God is also increasing my faith. He answers my prayers beyond what I can ever ask for.


:)


True, it has been a tiring week, but God gives strength to the weary. My body may be tired but my spirits are up and I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: