Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Procrastinator Me

Last night was a really long night. Or should I say this morning was a really long morning?


Worst of all, I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I feel right now.

Disappointment in myself.


Basically, I had a seven page paper due first thing this morning and instead of starting it early on Monday, I procrastinated and procrastinated until last night. And guess what time it was before I even began typing the first paragraph?


23:00!


I don't know how I managed to do it, but that's not the point. I didn't even touch 7 pages. I only wrote 5.


The point is, how could I have procrastinated this much, especially for a class that I particularly enjoy? Somehow I just couldn't sit down and write the essay. My mind kept wandering about... Sometimes even just looking up words in the dictionary would lead me into a train of thoughts that went halfway across the universe.


I am just so disappointed in my mediocre performance.


What happened to last semester's discipline? I must say only a shadow of it lurks in my brain now. I really hope it comes back soon.



And looking at this didn't help either. (Remember this frame, Huimin?) It made me dream about holidays and all sorts of nonsense.


I guess I should hide it in a corner next time I'm trying to get homework done.



............................................................


Last night is probably just an example of how temptation has been overcrowding my senses recently. It's been so thick and happening almost all the time that I can hardly pause to breathe.


Yet I know that I will never be tempted beyond what I can overcome in Christ.


I wonder what's the deal? Is it because I'm getting baptised this Thursday? Is the devil out to make things difficult for me?


It must be so... But in all the crazy whirlwind of events, I can still sense God's presence and the comfort of His guiding hand.


I was lost but now I'm found!


And I don't think ANYTHING can ever snatch me from my saviour's hand again!

No comments: