Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Sunny Week

Hello everybirdies!


Cross country practice today ended with super salty shoulders- which means it was a really good one. You know, because the harder you work out (and in this case, the longer you run under the hot sun), the more toxins and salt your body secretes through sweat. After the sweat dries up, you'll be left with tiny salt crystals on your skin. That's why when people finish marathons or long distance runs, you're likely to see streaks of white dry salt down the sides of their faces and arms.


The past few days were extremely sunny and it has resulted in me getting a serious skin tone.

Didn't like our boring name tags on the door so I customised it a little.


Yesterday my roommate Alejandra was in a really good mood.


So good was her mood that she decided to cook me and her a meal. I helped a bit too by making porridge and adding random stuff to our semi-spicy chicken drumsticks but that was about it.


Ta-dah! Chicken drumsticks, mango juice, caesar salad and porridge.



I don't know why my schedule doesn't look that full but I feel like there are lots of things to be done. Maybe it's because many of those things don't have definite deadlines so I didn't put them on the calendar. But I should, right? Yes... I think I should, in case I procrastinate.


I'm also very easily distracted nowadays. Feeling a little antsier than usual. Maybe it's because I'm nervous about the upcoming track meet this Saturday? I'm not sure...


Sadly, God seems to be pretty silent during the past few days. But is it because I'm not listening closely enough? Or is there something I'm not fully committing to Him? I'm not really sure, but I miss being super close to Him and all that. Is it because I'm starting to be more busy about everything else and putting Him in the background?


Whatever it is, I hope that it won't be long before I hear His voice guiding me again. I know He's there, but sometimes He seems so far...

No comments: