Monday, September 27, 2010

Team Picture Day & Kooky Roommate

The track team had to take individual and team pictures today. Of course that meant that we all had to dress up. As you already know, coach had cancelled today's practice so that people would have time to get their hair done and shirts ironed.

The only buttoned-down shirt in my closet was this black one. Felt as if I were a frumpy old woman going to a funeral. I refused to wear my black dress pants with the shirt because then I would feel as if I were going to work.

By the time I got back to the dorms around 19:00, my tummy was growling like a bear. I fixed pasta for dinner since it's relatively quick and easy to cook.

The sauce ingredients are: a can of diced tomatoes, another small can of smoked herring in tomato sauce, spam and chopped garlic.

After dinner, as I was reading, my roommate Alejandra suddenly came into my room and started complaining about the people who live upstairs. Since I'm friends with our upstairs neighbours, Alejandra wanted to inform me that she was going to ask them to stop stomping so loudly as they walk. Apparently their footsteps were so loud that she couldn't concentrate much.

It was more of a joke, but I suggested that she take our broomstick and knock it against the ceiling instead of going upstairs.

And guess what? That crazy woman did just that! And not only did she knock the broomstick on the ceiling, but she knocked it in a line from the bedroom to the living room, saying to me "well now they know what it's like when they stomp from one bedroom to another!"

I couldn't help but burst out laughing because, hello? Who walks on the ceiling, let alone stomp on it from room to room?

It was a truly hilarious scene that still makes me want to laugh everytime I think about it. Amazingly, our upstairs neighbours seemed to quiet down afterwards. We didn't hear much stomping, so I guess the broomstick was quite effective.

Oh something really sucky came my way this past weekend.

My texting/SMS bill came out to be 50USD! I hadn't used my phone in so long that I forgot that the plan I use only allows 300 free SMS'es per month and after that, each SMS will cost me 20 cents. 300 is very little considering my incoming SMS'es are counted as well. That leaves me 150 SMS'es to send and 150 to receive.

Sigh.

Mummy asked if I wanted to get unlimited texting for 20USD/month, but I think that's such a waste of money if I have almost 600 minutes of talk time.

What do you think? I think as a college student, I shouldn't be spending unnecessary money on things that I can scrimp and save on. This is especially so if the texts I'm sending/receiving are messages like "where are you?", or "what's up?".

Yep.

No comments: