Monday, September 27, 2010

Church & Mummy's Birthday

At church today, I was really encouraged in a cool way by the pastor's message.


Remember last Sunday when I had to miss my dear Phillies game but got to bring a friend to church instead? Well apparently the pastor also had to miss his first ever Phillies game in order to preach a sermon to church.


I was pleasantly surprised by the similarity in our situations and felt that God was letting me know that I did the right thing.


:)


But that wasn't the only great thing about church today. We got an awesome sermon as usual, titled "Temptation: The Struggle of the Sanctified Life".


I'm just going to share with you the main points of the message that really stood out to me.


1) Temptations try to seize our hearts.
2) Temptations try to reason with our minds.
3) Temptations try to entice our feelings.
4) God always provides an exit door to temptation.
5) God call us to resist temptation.
6) God wants us to think of others when we are tempted.
7) There are more important things in life than our feelings, what others think about us and instant gratification.


And the winning quote of the day is "Christ became like us so that He could be tempted. We are tempted so we could become more like Christ".


Yep. I chewed on it and will continue to chew on these thoughts to encourage me throughout the upcoming week!




....................................................................




Alright this morning my mom woke up and saw the presents outside her bedroom door while I was still in sleepyland, so I didn't get to witness her first reaction.


:(


But she said she liked it very much and I could tell that she wasn't kidding, so yay!


To celebrate her birthday, we went to this Korean place nearby for lunch.

Barbecued short ribs was the clear winning dish from the start. Somehow, Koreans make the best marinade sauce ever!

I was super hungry so I ordered an additional spicy kimchi tofu soup.

Unfortunately, I don't think my mom enjoyed the lunch very much because Max and Alex were being very clingy and didn't allow her much space to eat at all. I know she wished that they'd gotten a babysitter for the boys.

I kinda felt bad ("kinda" is not proper english... But I don't feel typing properly today) for enjoying the food because it's Mummy's birthday and she obviously didn't enjoy it.

Sigh.

Then after dinner later in the evening, everyone gathered around the table to sing Mummy a birthday song.


Check out the ice cream "cake". They're actually just bowls of ice cream with a candle stuck in the middle. The boys were way more thrilled about the novelty of it all than anyone else.

And that's pretty much it.


We all took a long nap this afternoon so naturally we didn't do much else.

Oh, want to hear another cool story?

Ok so I drove back up to school around 21:00 and arrived around 22:30 just now.

On Sunday nights, it is usually just impossible to find parking anywhere on campus. Tonight was even worse than usual, with the side streets being completely filled with cars.

I drove around in circles for about twelve minutes, not bothering to pray until I couldn't take it anymore. How stupid of me right? I should have just prayed first before looking for parking!

Anyway, this time I found myself doubting that God would answer my prayer because the situation looked really hopeless. I mentally prepared myself to either park far away from school or to drive around for another half hour.

BUT GUESS WHAT?

After I finished praying, I turned and drove down the street I wanted to park in, behind another car. I was thinking to myself that even if a lot opened up ahead, the car in front of me would get it first, so I likely wouldn't find a lot.

Even worse, when we got to the end of the street, there was no parking for the other car and for me (note: there were about five other cars circling the streets for lots).

I made a left turn and was about to pass the tiny parking lot that I usually park in for the fifth time when I saw from the corner of my eye that THERE WAS NOW A LOT!

Oh me oh my.

I immediately signaled, did some crazy turning and reversing while other cars beeped behind me and grabbed the lot that God MIRACULOUSLY gave to me!

It's a miracle because there is NEVER a lot in Lot 4 on Sunday nights. I thought God would likely provide me with a second-rate lot somewhere obscure and that would've been good enough for me; but instead He gave me an awesome lot that I wouldn't even have dreamt would be available!Just goes to show how little faith I have and how awesome God is.

:)

Yep, that's my cool story. Sorry if it wasn't cool enough for you.

It was for me though!

And that's all for this morning (It's 01:23! :P)


BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH BYE!

No comments: