Thursday, August 26, 2010

2nd Day At School

Here's a quick little post before I get to my homework.


In case you were wondering (which you probably weren't) what I wear to school on a daily basis, here's today's outfit. It's just something I'd usually wear when I'm in a good mood.

The weather is really nice right now. Slightly chilly in the morning for a light cardigan, then hot and sunshiney in the afternoon.


This is the classroom I'm in most of the time. It's not really a classroom actually. Just a little conference room in the English department. You can find me here on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 09:00 to 11:00.

A list of the classes I'm taking this Fall semester:

MWTh

09:00 to 09:50: The American Novel Since 1900
10:00 to 10:50: Literary Theory
13:00-13:50: Elementary German
Unscheduled: Tutorial in Intermediate Russian

TuesFri

08:00 to 09:15: Statistics for Business and Economics


I guess my favourite classes are the English classes because homework is always doing what I love to do- read books.

I'm excited to continue studies in Russian of course, but German is a little intimidating because I have NO IDEA what is going on, not having any prior knowledge of this language. All I've learnt so far is the basic greetings like Guten Tag, Guten morgen, and how to say My name is Mindy "Ich heise Mindy".


Yay!



For lunch today, I went to Jazzman's Cafe in school and tried their new Brazillian Chicken Grilled Flatbread. I've heard lots of great things about it and have to say, I quite agree with the opinion that it tastes awesome. It's not a very healthy lunch option though.




Dinner drove me to the salad bar since I had a really tough first day at practice today and didn't feel like pigging out.


Speaking of cross country practice...


We didn't really practise today because we had to do a 5,000m time trial. For the non-runners out there, that's 12.5 laps on a regular track. However, due to a mis-measurement, we ended up running closer to 6,000m.


Before the time trial began, I remember thinking to myself: "you're so screwed Mindy. This is what you get for not running consistently all summer!". Then, I prayed earnestly to God, "I don't know what's gonna happen Lord, but I trust that it's going to be ok!"


Do you know, He answered my prayer! Basically, I exceeded my expectations and felt a lot of comfort and relief from the Holy Spirit during the painful run.


God's just awesome like that.


And that's all I've got to say for today.

No comments: