Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back To Reality

Whew! I can finally take a deep breath and blog...

It has been a really busy weekend, what with all the packing and organising and moving. Even now, I still have more errands to run and things to get sorted out for school. It just seems neverending!

So yesterday was my first day back at college. I moved in with my other two roommates and this is the floorplan of the apartment that we share.

I love it!

The walls are as thin as paper but it's just so great to have my own room and space now. I am SO glad that I do not have to share a room with another person who will stay up late at night, make lots of noise and keep the light on when I'm trying to sleep.

This is the living room you'd see when you come in the front door.


The kitchen as viewed from the living room.


The bathroom


My room from the door.


My bed.


The closet as viewed from the bed.



And last of all, my study/work station.


So today has only been the first day of classes but I'm already feeling the heat. I've got enough homework to last me through the weekend, let alone finish by tonight... And the rest is mostly about finances again; it seems as though this year is just going to be ruthless.


First of all, my textbooks are going to cost a bomb. Just my German texts alone will set me back 210USD- and I've got four other classes to buy books for. Secondly, other little expenses have gone up as well. For example, parking used to cost 100USD a year. It is now 175USD.


To make matters worse, I can't hold ANY job now; not even my freelance catering job, because my track coach has new rules such as room curfews at 12 midnight every night (and if I work, I'd probably get home by 01:00 or 02:00). I wonder how I'm going to pay for things like textbooks, gas (petrol), etc.


I mean.... I know when the need is really there, God will always provide. But this is the worst desert I've seen so far. I've never felt more hopeless and stressed at the beginning of a school year! Oh God, please increase my faith!


And to top it off, there's the looming college graduation coming up next May.


Although you may think that I'm excited to finally get out of school, which I am, don't get me wrong... But I also have to think about either getting a job, applying to graduate school, getting necessary paperwork ready, writing my honours thesis, etc.- all of which are problems which have already begun to hit me.


Oh Lord as I enter into this new school year with fresh troubles and new challenges, help me to remember that Your ways are higher than mine. Let me always be focused on You and Your faithfulness, not dwelling too much on the details of life, but always remembering Your "bigger picture". Lord, as I sometimes drift away from Your Word and presence, bring me back again into Your hiding place. Only in You can I find rest.


No comments: