Monday, August 30, 2010

God's Answer

Yesterday while randomly surfing the web, I came across a site which talked about Passive Aggressive behaviour. The phrase sounded slightly familiar and rather intriguing so I furthered my reading by going to different sites about the same issue.

Basically, passive aggressiveness can be characterised by behaviour that is rather subtle, but usually leaves you feeling hurt, angry, off-kilter and confused. For example, you hate it when the passive aggressive person says "yes" to you, because you know they don't really mean "yes", but then you can't exactly say "no" to the person who just said "yes" to you either. The passive aggressor is also someone who feels like they need to agree when deep inside they don't, and therefore have to go against you by employing quiet ways of resistance (Jane Allyson).

This sounds like a rather familiar feeling to me.

I was quite surprised to have accidentally stumbled upon such an apt description of the things I've been struggling with recently. And because this trouble been going on for such a long time, I felt a bit disillusioned as to how to handle it.

Many of the articles suggest treating a passive aggressive person with an openness that will not allow them to retreat into their shells of denial and hurt, but rather to face the issue squarely with plenty of patience and kindness.

I guess there's the more concrete, physical answer that I've been asking God for all this time- how to deal actually with the situation that has been clouding the back of my mind.

And at the end of it, the answer is still always the same with God. It is to love without judgment, to be kind, forgiving.. Well I'll just put it all out here.

I have to be patient, kind. I musn't envy, boast, be proud, rude or self-seeking. I mustn't be easily angered and I shouldn't keep any record of wrongs. I will not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth. I must always protect, always trust, always hope and always persevere.

Because in the end, I believe that Love never fails.

Boy it's going to be a tough week...

No comments: