Thursday, August 05, 2010

Dinner and Dreams

Met up with Qing Yuan today for dinner at 313's Marche.



The food was great, better than I remembered back in the 90's.


I really dug their curtains and wooden furnishings.

I am thinking thinking thinking again tonight... about how beautiful music is. How powerful it is, moving and communicative. It can change your mood so quickly from sunshiney to thunderstormy.
How good is it to speak to the Lord with music, to make lifting melodies to express our love!

I wonder why we dream.

On a good night, dreaming for me is like
watching some crazy movie in IMAX with all six senses engaged to the maximum. I've built entire alternate worlds in my dreams that I get to visit and revisit on separate nights, almost like in the movie "Inception"; except that my worlds don't look so depressing or sinister...

In one of my favourite worlds, I get to swim in a clear crystal ocean to different small islands with trees that have miniature leaves and tiny yellow flowers. The oceans are only about three to five feet deep and usually have no corals, just pure white sand. I would have an orange mermaid tail which I feel swishing behind me as I pulse through the water with the fish swimming under and all around. The islands are really very miniature- it barely takes a minute to walk to the other end. They're usually more like a large grassy hill and the trees grow only on the top of the hill. Some of these islands have horses on them and but only one horse is mine. She's white and she comes with me to different alternate worlds but I like her best in this particular world.

Then if I swim for about an hour, I'll come to the edge of this ocean which spills down into a different level via a long slippery glass slide. At the bottom level, the crystal ocean becomes a deep emerald coloured river and is only about two feet deep. It is about ten metres wide and is flanked by trees with really tall trunks. Think redwoods... but not quite. By this time I'll be seated on the white horse taking a slow walk in the swirling river and listening to the trees sing. You can be sure those trees sing really awesome songs.

Further along the river, there's a sort of attachment that I made to this world. It's a park that is slanted 45 degrees up and once you step onto this park, you become so much bigger than the tall trees at the river you've left behind and the park is like a strange giant world... As in, the path you're walking on is dwarf-sized and so are the trees, but there are inch-deep drains running alongside the paths and encrusted in these drains are colourful gems that are as big as your face. The trees at different spots are so bushy that they form a wall. At other places they are the size of your nose.

There are more attachments to this world but they're too bizarre to describe effectively.

I get to revisit these worlds in my dreams on different nights. Sometimes the dreams are years apart but the worlds are the same. Perhaps only slightly altered in lighting. But the colour always stays with me... And the sensations of sound and light keep echoing in my mind for days afterwards.

I also fly pretty often... usually beginning in breastroke style to get some altitude, then cruising at high speeds in any direction I want.

Those flying dreams are the best!

I wonder what's the point of all this?

No comments: