Friday, August 20, 2010

Back To The US

Warning: this is going to be another long post spanning Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 18th-20th August 2010.

Naturally, I'll start with Tuesday.


I spent the first half of it at Bugis Village. Had my last foodcourt experience with Beef noodles and Bandung. I already miss this dearly!


While at Bugis, I had this made. Cute right?


Wednesday came quicker than I expected. Said goodbye to Dolly dear all day.


Cass came over for a while.


Hani, Suhailah and Huimin came to the airport to say goodbye. I really appreciated it.


Bye to my Papa. :(


Bye to Nanny and her nagging... haha.


:(


Ah Gu and Ah Kim who graciously let me live in their home for the 3 month duration of my stay.


Aunty Michelle and I.

When it was finally time to really tear myself away from everyone, I burst into tears because it was just too sad. Didn't want to leave at all.


But leave I had to and leave I did. It was quite saddening to watch the plane get further and further away from the little red dot that is Singapore.


Fish for supper.


Chicken for dinner.


Beef goulash for breakfast.

Airplane food is one thing. SIA food is another.


These are some really pretty airplane pictures I took.


That's why I love window seats.


Air crystals in the window, 10000 metres above ground.


It seemed as though the flight would never end. 18 hours in the plane is a long time! Thankfully, Frankfurt airport was a smoother transit than usual and the officials didn't give me much trouble.


Finally arriving near JFK airport in New York. That's Long Island we were flying over.


Glad to be on the ground again!

My family came to pick me up at 11:00, Thursday, 19th August.


The two boys sleeping in sync on the way home.


That evening, we went to the usual favourite Vietnamese restaurant for dinner.


Here's 5 year old Alex, already an expert with chopsticks!


Spring rolls.


I didn't have much appetite from the jetlag, so I just had a little bowl of Pho.


3 year old Max is super cute!


Friday, 20th August, we all went to the beach together.


Unfortunately, we drove 2 hours to find out that Island Beach Park was full. They only allow a certain number of people to enter since it's a protected state park.


As consolation, we went to White Sands Beach right next to the park.


It was a lovely lovely day. Not too hot, not too cold. Simply perfect for relaxing at the beach!


The seaside town of Berkeley, New Jersey.


The boys were really excited to be at the beach for the first time all summer.


Beaches in New Jersey are not always free. This one cost 5USD per adult entry.


Despite the cost, the beach was packed with families- all of them determined to make use of the awesome weather.


At first, Max was really freaked out by the waves breaking. He didn't want to go anywhere near them. Then after I carried him into the water to "jump" over the waves, he repeatedly asked to be brought back in again because it was fun.


Alex however was a little braver and felt confident going in to splash around.


Whee!


The boys hanging out with daddy by the water's edge.


Buried them in the sand.


Then it was time to leave...

My thoughts about being back here? Of course I miss Singapore. It wasn't pleasant to leave at all... But coming back brought nice things as well. It was nice to see my family again, especially my little brothers; my kitty cat still recognises me and this place still smells nice and green in the morning. Not to mention, the air is refreshingly not humid.

I guess slowly, I'm getting back into the mood for school. All my suitcases have been emptied and all that's left to do is pack for school and do some laundry.

Dear Lord, I feel a little afraid of the future. Although it's a familiar feeling, I don't like it very much. I want to feel like everything is going to be just fine. I know it's going to be find, but the fear grips at me sometimes and it threatens to overwhelm. Help me to overcome this fear! I ask that You will go ahead of me and reassure my heart.

I pray too for the family and friends who are in Singapore, that you will shower blessings upon them as they live in You.

Amen!

No comments: