Monday, February 07, 2011

Blogging Daily


How lovely was the sunny sky that greeted me this morning! With all these consecutive winter storms, I feel as if I haven't seen blue skies in about a month. Even as I type right now, the weather outside is dripping with cold rain. If temperatures drop overnight, we could be slipping and sliding on the frozen pavements by tomorrow.

I haven't had much time to do anything else these few days but run errands and do my homework. Not to mention, Sunday is generally a day of rest for me so I don't do any homework on Sundays. In spite of all the hustle and bustle of life, there is one thing that I'd still like to make time for though.

God is a given, of course... But also, I'm going to make time for blogging throughout these days. Even if it's just a little snippet, it's the one thing that I truly enjoy doing that doesn't seem to be detrimental to my brain (I'm thinking of Korean dramas as I write this... haha). Not to mention, when I browse through my archive, I'm somewhat disappointed to find gaps where I failed to write. Not because nothing was going on at the time, but because I just didn't dedicate time to do it.

I think blogging is so much more fun than writing an actual diary. As much as I love books with REAL paper in them, blogging is just so much faster and less time-consuming. If I make a mistake, I can just backspace. If I want to add videos, music or pictures, I can! And I can change the way my blog looks according to my mood at any given time.

I guess there are some thoughts that you just can't pen in a public post right? But honestly I don't have that many secrets that are too shady not to share. The only reasons for not sharing would simply to be politically correct and out of consideration of others.

Anyway, being disciplined has been going so far so good actually. I just pray my way through each day and God answers every time. Thanks to prayer, my thesis is slowly taking shape and my other classes aren't suffering... yet.

Next week is set to be a hurricane week. My calendar is filled with RED RED RED (red is the colour I use for all school-related homework, exams and projects due) and come Friday is our track Indoor MAAC Championships.

But it's okay. I keep telling myself to breathe, do one thing at a time and settle one day at a time. Let God do the rest!

I'll be back with more tomorrow. Adios!

No comments: