Saturday, February 05, 2011

My Brain! My Brain! Arrrghhh!!!

For the first time in my life, I finally understand what it means to be a student-athlete. Mostly because I'm suddenly feeling all the pressures of academia and track pile up at the same time. You should see my daily schedule for next week. Why, I'm almost as busy as the president of the United States! Track itself already takes up almost four hours per day, not counting an entire day at the track meet on weekends.

This is it. The hardest stretch. It's sink or swim.

If I don't manage to discipline myself for the next month or so, I may as well sell my possessions and move to Siberia for the rest of my life.

Today I spent the whole day doing homework for my Contemporary Legal Issues class. THE WHOLE DAY! Poof! Gone! And I was hoping to use it to write more of my thesis... Sigh...

Why are there only twenty-four hours in a day?

But in a twisted way, I enjoy being nerdy for once. This way, when summer rolls around, I won't feel guilty being a vacationer at all! That is, if a holiday is in order... I mean, who knows? This may well be the first step to the rest of my busy working life.

One thing is for sure, if God's not by my side next week, there is NO WAY I'm going to survive...

1 comment:

borderline said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I believe in you!!! :)

ps: it's tuesday tomorrow, but if you're busy i understand!