Friday, February 25, 2011

Cheese & Basketball Game

Cheese and dairy products are generally not part of my daily or even weekly consumption. I always try my best to steer clear of dairy because I don't think I need a lot of it. I could get my calcium elsewhere. Also, I noticed that consuming dairy seems to cause me acute pain near my abdomen during races. It's a stitch that many people may experience at least once in their lives. I'm not sure if it's directly a cause of my dairy consumption, but cutting out dairy from my daily diet has actually left me feeling a lot cleaner inside.

However I do have a weakness for cheese and I miss it everytime I pass by the cheese aisle in the supermarket.

So I went and got myself some Brie, Blue and Goat cheese the other day and I've been slowly savouring them all week. Besides, Indoor track season is over and we don't start regular track practice for Outdoor season until next week.

But but but... I've been running on my own anyways... And I definitely feel slower and heavier. I'm sure not all of it was the fault of the cheese (I had some Crianza to go with it), but whenever I'm running and the wall of tiredness hits me, I ask myself is the cheese worth it?

Then I go home and sink my teeth into a nice stinky chunk of Amish blue cheese... And I think to myself: yes. It's worth it!

Until it's time to run again...

German class is definitely my favourite or second-favourite class this semester (it's a toss-up between German and History). My professor is a little bit hard of hearing so it's really funny when he misunderstands something and tries to tell us we're wrong and he's right. We always have a ball of a time in class. And that is why I love small classes!

In the evening, instead of sitting home and doing my thesis paper, the school's athletic department came up with the brilliant idea of making it mandatory for all sports teams to show up to the basketball game against Rider University for breastcancer.

They even had stalls set up for face painting and popcorn and cotton candy to make it seem more festive.

Connie, the secretary of the athletic office and I.

The game felt like an eternity to me. I was starting to get really sleepy from after practice and felt upset that I wasn't able to do any homework.

Everyone else seemed to be enjoying the game though.

After halftime was over, I decided to sneak back to my dorm and get some homework done. But alas! I got zip, nada, NOTHING done last night.

If ever there was a profession called Procrastinating, I'm definitely a professional at it right now.

But I learnt my lesson. Tonight, there's another mandatory basketball game, but I will only stay for the first ten minutes or so. Besides, it's not fair that it's mandatory for all sports teams to support the basketball team when it's not mandatory for anyone to watch the swimming, golf, baseball, soccer or track teams compete.

Anyway, if I keep on blogging it'll turn into another round of procrastination.

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8)


No comments: