Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Praise God!

Today we had Bible Study in school again. We have it every Monday evenings in the school library. It was just amazing to see over ten people, mostly track teammates, sitting together in a small room, talking about God's Word and trying to understand what it means to be Christian.

"Therefore brothers, we have an obligation- but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God" (Romans 8:12-15)

What's even more amazing to me is to watch my prayers about certain people or things get answered as the weeks go by. I definitely was encouraged by all that I heard and saw today. It reminded me about how alive and living and active God is. He is truly moving and living among those who call upon His name!

Now I just need to make sure that I stand fast in the truths God has already led me to understand. I may have come very far from where I first was, but I am nowhere near where I want to be and I do not want to backslide in anyway or fashion.

I admit sometimes it's really hard to just pick up my cross daily and follow Jesus. Sometimes I get tired of listening to the same old Christian songs or reading the same old Bible verses... I don't like feeling that way because I know it's me wanting to be entertained rather than hungering after God's presence.

Coming from a paternal family of backsliders, I really don't want to become enslaved all over again to the things that I've left behind.

"Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in His kindness. Otherwise, you will also be cut off." (Romans 11:22)

It's just that recently, I've been looking at some of the old habits or things that I used to do or have and thinking that they're not all bad. However the truth is, the devil's just trying to make me be enslaved all over again. I need to remember why I gave those things up in the first place!

"Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall." (1 Corinthians 8:9-13)

I will praise God this week and remember His faithfulness to me...


No comments: