Sunday, March 29, 2009

Feel So Alive

Yesterday I was at West Point, NY for a track meet. West Point, for those who don't know, is a large piece of area in upstate New York where the U.S. Army trains. The place is basically a running haven with hills and lakes and trails everywhere. To be honest, the scenery really took my breath away. I didn't expect West Point to have such beautiful grounds.
The river and hills reminded me of running in Washington; just that these hills look way older than the mountain ranges in the West.
I ran a miserable race (and seem to be running a lot of those lately!) but nothing could kill my mood. Not even wet clothes from the steeplechase. The weather was gorgeous in a summer sense and since mine was one of the first few events, I had more than five hours left during the rest of the meet to tour the area. Well... What better way is there to do that than to go out for a nice run? And nice run it was. It was so nice, that I actually lost track of time while finding interesting trails and memorial pieces during my run. I had originally planned to go for a half hour jog but it ended up lasting for an hour. When I finally got done, I was feeling high as anything. The best part was, the high lasted me all the way until about 2200 last night.
The whole trip was so memorable, that my subconscious decided to include it in my dreams. Even now, I am still reeling from the after effects of its realness. I haven't had those crazy dreams in a while. Now that they're back, I don't know what to make of waking life...

Can't wait to run again...

No comments: