Thursday, March 26, 2009

Relaxing & Buildings

Finally! Some time to breathe!

Phew...

This week has been a whirlwind of homework, tests, late nights, early mornings, work and confusing musings. Yes. I'm now working a little job twice a week in a really nice wine store. It's not the most entertaining job in the world, but I can honestly say now that after being out of work for so long, I am thoroughly appreciating my every opportunity to work. I know many people out there in the world don't even make as much as minimum wage here in the U.S. and yet they do so much more than we do here. Everytime I feel like wailing about something, I think about people who have had to work all day and night doing manual labour for just a few cents a day. Or even for nothing. We are so lucky- yet sometimes we just forget and neglect that.

And lucky lucky me! Just received a lovely surprise in from somebody I hadn't heard from in years. Thank you very much, if you're reading this. It made my day!

Random letters make my day. Keep them coming please :)

My professor really only lent this to me for a day, but I when I actually started reading it, I got hooked.

Yes, I'm not kidding!

This is just amazing. Those of you who know me know that I'm not a math person at all. My secondary school years were mostly spent trying to catch up with the rest of the class (since I was always sleeping, talking, doodling or being a clown during lesson time) and the only time I did well in math was back when I was in primary school. I just never had the deep interest for it.

But here I am. Reading and getting interested in this book. This is so weird, even I can't comprehend it... I'm considering getting a second major in math, so I just contacted the math department asking for details. If I can somehow squeeze the credits into my remaining two years of college, I think I'll do it. If not, I'll just double minor. French and math.

Whoopee!
I've been daydreaming more and more about revisiting the northwest recently. I'd like to visit Oregon, Colorado, British Columbia (Canada) to get some fishing, camping and roadtripping done. The fresh mountain air is calling me!
More good things.

I found this recently. It's a present my dad got me this past summer when I was in Singapore. The cross is really special to me because first of all, it's a great reminder throughout the day whenever I get cross or disappointed, that somebody's watching out for me. Second of all, it reminds me of this past summer's ordeal in Washington State since I pretty much had it on 24/7 while I was there. It reminds me of all the lessons I had learnt on that trip and the sounds and smells of the Skykomish river.

My silly cat had actually dropped my necklace into the sink back in September, but the plumber got it out for me (for free because he found out that I was from the same part of China as him). However, barely a few weeks afterwards, I lost the necklace again and this time, I had no clue where it went. I searched EVERYWHERE. I checked every hole, pocket and even my fridge! I had pretty much given up on ever finding it again. But lo and behold... About two weeks ago, I found it lying most innocently in the most blatantly obvious place possible. On my closet shelf.

Ugh. Am I getting old and blind or something?
Well I certainly hope not. My eyes have been giving me a real treat these days.
Now that the sky is blue most of the time and the sun is out longer, I've been noticing more and more beautiful architecture around me.
I'm not sure why, but recently I can't help but stop and stare at buildings.
It gives me such thrill to appreciate the general build of a structure, then to suddenly notice small interesting things about it as I look on.
Luckily for me, Jersey City is a great area for building watching.
Forget people. Buildings have intense personalities too.
I feel as though every building has a story to tell. And my favourite part of buildings to look at is usually the top.
I'm not quite sure what's up with this fascination yet, but we'll see where this takes me.
I guess this is my way of making driving more interesting.
The way I see it, taking pictures while driving is less dangerous than falling asleep at the wheel. And since I'm a compulsive at-the-wheel sleeper, I might as well snap away. You know, I would love to snap people in their cars but I don't quite have enough courage to wind down the window and ask if I could take their pictures. Besides, that takes all the point out of randoms. I had always been fascinated by people in their cars, but I don't think anybody would appreciate being taken a picture of by some random Asian girl.

Maybe I can stick a hidden camera on my ear somewhere or something. And remotely control it by clicking some button somewhere......

Ok bedtime.
Farewell, farewell!

No comments: