Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Appreciation

As I sat in my car today, I started to notice more beautiful things about this dark dirty city.
I loved the random cross here. And those mysterious dark windows got me imagining the kind of people that lived in those apartments. Things may look dreary on the outside, but who knows what bright lovely rooms they hide? Who knows the lives that breathe, sleep and eat on the other side of those walls? Their sorrows, plans and happiness? I like to think about these kinds of things.
The rosy pink walls and intricate patterns at the top of this building made me think about Spain. I don't really know why.
Even the plain armory seemed interesting today. The clean lines and patterns popped out at me in a different light and for the first time, I started to appreciate its architectural beauty.
Sometimes, all it really takes is appreciation to put this place in a new perspective. Architecture is art.



To the last few people left with a big heart in a big city- don't give up.
:)
P.S.
Wish I didn't take that super long nap this afternoon. My biological clock is all screwed up now.

No comments: