Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Outdoor Meet of 2009

What a pleasant day!
I had a track meet this morning and afternoon.
These disgusting things were all over the field.
I can't believe it's outdoor track season again...

It seems like yesterday that I was running my very first event. Now I'm racing for the second year in a row and I must say, I'm pretty impressed with myself.
The feeling I got while lying on the bleachers after my race, listening to Cosmic Gate while staring up at the blue sky was incredible. I never felt so refreshed, recharged and tired at the same intense time.

I would take this feeling over getting buzzed at a bar any day.
Surprisingly, even though my shins were starting to hurt slightly a few days ago, turning up the mileage and slowing down my pace really did a lot to help.

I feel so nice now. I don't even know how to describe this feeling.

It has been hours since I got home, but I still feel great. Wish I could scream or sing or just pinch some random baby's cheeks real hard right now.

Went grocery shopping today and got myself a whole chicken. I thought that would at least last me for a two days or so, but it turns out that my appetite has returned along with my stuffy nose. How queer. Shouldn't I be losing an appetite while being sick? Anyway, this is the best I've ever felt while having a cold.

I'm not complaining!

So spring break is ending with tomorrow and I still have studying to do. Ah well. While everyone partied away or did awesome cool things over spring break, I studied and ran. Somehow though I don't think I did enough studying.

Bah.

We'll see when Monday comes.

Toodles!



P.S.

I remember seeing a big yellow ribbon around a tree before (though I'm not sure if it was an old oak tree or not) and wondering who did that and why.

Now that I finally know where the idea of the yellow ribbon came from, I wish I remembered where I saw it so I can go look at it again and think happy thoughts.

No comments: