Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break Update

You'd think that since it's spring break and I'm back in Pennsylvania, I'd be blogging more consistently. Oddly enough, I've been busier than I ever was back in Jersey. Let's just say homework has a strange habit of piling up.
It was nice to revisit good ol' Philly on Monday night though.
I hadn't been on South Street since forever. So long that I'd almost forgotten how quirky she can get.

And also how lame it can be to wear a miniskirt there at night. Never again! Well, maybe until summer when more girls will be out in miniskirts and I won't be the only one.

Why did I do it?
Because I am just SICK of pants already! I hadn't worn a dress or a skirt since last September or so. Actually, Monday night was the first time I'd exposed my legs in the past five months- excluding wearing my little track shorts at track meets. How else can a girl feel like a girl these days? Heels and lipstick just don't do the trick anymore. So I went radical and pulled out the miniskirt. I should've just worn culottes or something but nooo....

I'll say it myself::::::::::> Mindy, you're a dumbass.
And even though Tanya and I had taken pictures of City Hall plenty of times, we just couldn't escape taking more this time around. I wish they still built stuff like that these days. I found an eerie resemblance in Philadelphia's skyline to Singapore's Boat Quay. Or is it Clarke Quay?

I can't tell the difference anymore. And this is how you know a Singaporean is long overdue for a visit back home.
But doesn't it look like Singapore at night?
Philly missed me so much, she decided to give me a lovely present.

I was so happy to know that she hasn't forgotten me. Six bloody months in NYC and not a SINGLE parking ticket. TEN MINUTES on South Street and I get this!

Oh well.
We had tea at her place and took a lot of crazy unflattering "Asian pose" pictures. Which is why they aren't on here.
And if you're reading this, you know who you are:

YEAH! THIS IS THE ONE!
And I ate it. Yum....
So while I did my homework, kitty decided to enjoy her warm afternoons chasing birdies and squirrels.

This afternoon she went missing for an uncomfortably long period of time so I thought she'd gone out looking for the neighbourhood tomcat or something. I ran all over the place barefoot and in my pajamas, shaking her food in its container and yelling her name; only to find her half an hour later, quietly sitting by the pond eyeing the ducks with that look in her eyes.
I'm seriously considering changing her name to пантера. Which means "panther" in Russian. Which happens to be my favourite animal. Which is just plain awesome. I have a feeling I'm not going to be the only economist in this household for long...
Laaa di da!

I am getting up at six tomorrow because I'm driving back to Jersey, going to practice, then a job interview, then doing more homework and reading more articles, then getting ready for another interview and the track meet on Saturday and church on Sunday. Then school on Monday all over again.

And that's pretty much it.

Bye now. Sleep is calling me.


P.S.

I just got the latest version of MSN Messenger and I'm digging the lovely ringtones and the gentle layouts. AIM, get a clue!

No comments: