Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just Another Day

The sun came out today and sent the clouds fleeing. School was mildly pleasant, mostly due to the fact that spring break is here; but all that really means is more time to catch up on my homework and studying.
Isn't it sad that people don't build churches like that anymore? The brick dome roof on this one reminds me of Muslim mosques. Track practice was held in the park today. Even though the air was still chilly enough to give me a headache from not wearing a headband, the strong sunshine made up for it.

As you can see, nobody could resist staying in for too long with gorgeous blue skies tarping overhead. Seeing this little weirdo in front of my car made me realise how long it has been since I last saw a squirrel. I'm sure if my cat were in the park with me, she would've had some fun with that furry thing.

While the squirrel busied itself with acorn collection, I dozed off in the car as I waited for practice to start. Thanks to a really good dream, I now have some patches on my face darker than others thanks to 40 minutes of indirect sun tanning.
Sadly, with all this sun, there is still no sign of tree buds or greener grass.
Only blue blue blue blue blue skies to drive our winter blues out the window!

Speaking of windows, my car window is currently crusted with dust and salt thanks to Jersey rain and heavy snow precautions. Actually, the entire car is crusted in dust and salt. I'm tempted to give my car the free carwash I'd procured during my last oil change, but I don't have the heart to watch it get crusty again when the next rain comes.

So. Life is the usual.

Nothing new, nothing old. The same dreams, fears, hopes and awesome music.

One second, it's happy Techno. The next, sad violin songs (by me), then Russian music, then frenzied guitar plucking (also me), then Chinese folk songs, some loud bathroom vocals (who else), a sprinkling of classical, a dash of rockpophiphop stuff and now back to Trance.

My neighbours must think I'm crazy. Or at least I think they do, because we can never get past "hi!" and the weird look...

Ah well. I am glad to have such patient and understanding neighbours. Or maybe they like Trance too. Which is really highly improbable.

And this French person named Remi Gaillard has proven to be a great entertainer for this afternoon's post-school relaxation. He has been posting up ridiculous videos of costumed mascots placed in hilarious albeit rude and offbeat situations.

Watch the sad fate of this banana.

The antics of an escaped kangaroo.

And this shark attack.

It's funny, but on the other hand, I would not like to be one of those people caught unawares in his videos.


And... That's all.

Goodbye.




P.S.


One of my professors recently said "if you want to doodle in class while the professor is talking, why not doodle something useful, like math equations or theories?"


I've taken his advice to heart. Hello Russian vocabulary and economic theories and equations!

No comments: