Saturday, March 14, 2009

Love Working

Kitty and I are enjoying our last moments in this apartment. I plan to move somewhere cheaper and closer to the park since we don't really need all this space anyway.
Yesterday brought blue skies again. As always, they really lifted my spirits.
Running was a blast.
And kitty got to enjoy her nap in the warm sunshine.

As the evening swung closer, I got ready and rushed to pick M up to go watch a Russian movie in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, I forgot all about evening traffic in NYC and we ended up missing the movie by 40 minutes.

So I just ended up enjoying the drive and taking pictures.
Driving in NYC is always exciting; but especially so at sundown.
The sky is so pretty against the dark buildings.
And if I let my imagination run, it almost feels as if I were back in Singapore sometimes.
Next to the former World Trade Centre.
Love the sparkly lights...
And everytime I'm driving in a tunnel, I always sort of wished I had a fast car like a BMW or something so I can speed... It's bad I know. But there's just something about tunnels, speeding, black clothes and loud techno that gets my blood pumping....
Oh great... I sound so "ah lian" right now...
I love bridges. And I wish I could just wrap myself in that sky forever. Isn't this just amazing? I should really stop taking pictures while driving. Well I hope you enjoyed scrolling through those pictures. I had a lot of fun taking them.
Kitty enjoyed looking at them too.

Sometimes I wonder. What's so bad about being a waitress for the rest of your life? If you can support yourself and your family that way, why not?

We all say things like "oh I don't care what people think about me". So why then do we bother dressing up, having the latest gadgets, smelling like a million bucks, getting that impressive degree and driving that fancy car?

Amanda posed this question to me the other day: What would your perfect day be like?

At first, I was going to give the whole "day on the beach with friends, wine and good food" story. Then I thought harder about it and realised that in all my "perfect" scenarios, the most important ingredient to enjoyment was missing.

Eventually, I replied saying "A perfect day would be a day of hard work, doing it well, then going home and relaxing with a BIG dinner with lots of friends and family afterwards and deep sleep!"

Yes.
Nothing tastes sweeter than reward that you earn. Not reward that is handed to you. At least that is what I sincerely feel. Maybe that's why guys like a challenge. Then they can appreciate their prize so much more than if she just landed in his lap.

Working.
I can't help but love it.

No comments: