Monday, March 16, 2009

Pennsylvania

There's nothing like driving home on grey afternoons.
Passing by the grazing horsies.
Pretty white farmhouses...
And winding down little tree lined roads.

If only my kitty didn't poop in her cage and stink up the entire car for the two hour trip.

Well after a while the smell didn't bother me anymore. Rather, it was the absence of laughter, jokes and a smile in the window that got to me. Sometimes a change of scenery is necessary... Well I'm getting a change of scenery alright.

You know how some people say that they can escape life through sleep? Like somebody I know, who always tries to sleep a little more just to stop feeling anything. Well, when I'm feeling down, running is my little escape. It magnifies everything that I feel, yet when I'm done, the pleasure is incredibly rewarding. It's the feeling of victory and triumph over pain.

Endorphins, a sense of achievement... Sometimes I wonder why more people don't run.
I've been trying to imagine what will my life be like by the end of this year. I remember starting this blog in 2007 and wishing for 2008 to come sooner. Back then I had so many expectations and dreams. I still have those lovely things; but at the same time I recognise and respect the unpredictability of every circumstance. The most that we can do is the best that we can do.

Sometimes when I'm caught in a painful moment and it feels as if I couldn't run any further, I think about really random things like Pocahontas running to save John Smith in the Disney cartoon, Nick Symmonds speeding up during the last 150 metres, Colorado (the state), airplanes, Project Runway, Britney Spears shaving her head and my near-death experiences.

Don't ask.

I've long come to this realisation that my brain just works in strange ways. But it works doesn't it?

No comments: